Prof. Heidi Byrnes to Be the New Editor of The Modern Language Journal
Prof. Heidi Byrnes has been appointed to become the new editor-in-chief of The Modern Language Journal, beginning with the 2013 volume.
Prof. Byrnes is the German Department's George M. Roth Distinguished Professor of German, and her research focuses on adult-instructed second language learning and teaching. She has had a long-term and very productive association with the MLJ as editorial board member since the early 1990s; as associate editor in charge of the MLJ's Perspectives section since 2001; and most recently as co-author of the journal's latest monograph, Realizing Advanced 1.2 Writing Development in a Collegiate Curriculum: Curricular Design, Pedagogy, and Assessment. Congratulations, Prof. Byrnes!
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest