Faculty of Languages & Linguistics
Faculty of Languages & Linguistics (FLL)
(formerly the School of Languages and Linguistics)
I hope you will continue to keep Georgetown University and the FLL in your philanthropic decisions. The success of its departments and the faculty and students who study the languages depend on the margin of excellence your giving provides. Donations to the FLL enable us to enhance the role of Languages and Linguistics on the Georgetown campus and beyond by supporting events that include:
• FLL Conferences, workshops, and lectures e.g., the 2008 conference titled “Fostering Multi-lingual and Multi-cultural Competencies” or the recent lecture by Prof. Barbara Moser-Mercer from the University of Geneva titled “Simultaneous Interpretation: Cognitive Challenges”
• A reception for all FLL faculty and students showcasing recent book publications by professors in the languages and linguistics (March 2010)
• A brunch for all FLL seniors who have successfully completed an Honors thesis (April 2010)
• Competitive FLL summer grants that enable qualified faculty to engage in a major research project
Contributions can be made easily and securely online by going to: http://college.georgetown.edu/about/giving and please make sure you choose "other" in the drop down box and write in the "Faculty of Language & Linguistics” and/or the specific department you wish to support.
For more information on the FLL – including links to individual departments, please visit http://college.georgetown.edu/programs/fll/.
Prof. Friederike Eigler
FLL Convener (AY 2010)
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest