11/9 20th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall
The Berlin Wall came down on November 9, 1989, signaling the end of the Cold War and the beginning of a new era in transatlantic relations and European unity. Read the full article here.
The website for the student project week on the 20th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall also has been launched! The official name of the project is "Freedom without Walls" and our events will take place in the week between November 6 and 13, 2009.
Please go to http://freedomwithoutwalls.georgetown.edu and click around. Some of the information is rather rudimentary at this point, but we will be updating it as we go along. The "innovative" feature of this website is the blog which allows the student leaders of the various sub-projects to post updates.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest