Student Speeches on the Fall of the Wall--now on YouTube
The German Embassy sponsored a speech competition in the context of the “Freedom without Walls” project week. All participating departments in the US could enter competitors. The first prize will be a trip for two to Berlin, with airfare and hotel included. A jury in Berlin will select the winner. Thirteen students from Georgetown University participated in the contest with speeches in German. German Department awards for the three best speeches will be presented at the Department's Holiday and Awards Party on Dec. 9. Speeches have been posted on YouTube.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest