Marisa LaValette (FLL 2008) provides support to Haitians
Marisa LaValette (C’08) does arts and crafts with Haitian children while they teach her Creole.
Marisa and her boyfriend, Shane Young (B’08), a wilderness emergency medical technician, spent the month of February volunteering at the Centre de Diagnostique et de Traitement Intégré (CDTI)-Hospital Sacre Cœur in Port-au-Prince.
“Daily shipments of medical supplies arrived from around the world and I determined where they should go. The clinic was outside because Haitians are now very superstitious about being indoors. Surgeries were performed inside the hospital, but appointments were held outside in what used to be the hospital’s parking lot. Read more...
Georgetown University and the Consortium of Universities of the Washington Metropolitan Area invite you to HAITI DAY on April 12. At 8 pm, Marisa will speak about her experiences.
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest