The Department of German regularly organizes a range of academic events:
Lectures & Workshops bring together an invited scholar with students and faculty of the German Department to explore an area of research in German Studies.
Conferences & Symposia include speakers from various departments at Georgetown and invited speakers from other universities. The symposia highlight an area of research by a German faculty member and relate it to research in other disciplines.
Other events organized by the Department of German include regular Brown Bag Lunches on academic and professional issues of concern to graduate students as well as regular Film Series.
In addition, the BMW Center for German and European Studies offers many events that are of interest to faculty and students in the Department of German.
- There are no upcoming events scheduled at this time.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest