German Major with Business Coursework
The German Department also offers a special program for a major in German with coursework in Business. The Business component provides five different concentrations: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing or International Business. Detailed descriptions can be found in the Undergraduate Bulletin. All students choosing a Business minor or a German major with Business Coursework must take Business German. (Students enrolled in this program may take no more than 25% of their total coursework from the designated offerings in the McDonough School of Business).
The Certificate in European Studies
For German majors this certificate program combines language study with seven courses selected from the following: two semesters of regional history, one semester of government, one semester of economics; one elective relating to cultural perspectives of the German-speaking region; one elective pertaining to international behavior of the German area, and a senior level colloquium which includes completion of a major research paper under the guidance of European Studies faculty.
- German Majors Receive Fulbright Teaching Grants
- Prof. Heidi Byrnes Receives 2013 Nelson H. Brooks Award
- Anna Zimmer Has Defended Her Dissertation with Distinction
- Jason Ager Has Defended His Dissertation
- Comparative Literature Major Wins Vista Higher Education Learning Contest