Bioethics Colloquium Series 2013-14
The Bioethics Colloquium Series presents both extramural and Georgetown scholars in open talks devoted to circulating and discussing their current thought and projects in various topics in bioethics, ranging from early life to end-of-life issues, questions of trust and authority in medical practice and research to norms governing the treatment of human research subjects. Past speakers have included Rebecca Kukla (Carleton University / Georgetown University / Greenwall Fellow), Maggie Little (Georgetown University / Kennedy Institute of Ethics), Henry Richardson (Georgetown University), and Dave Wendler (National Institutes of Health). Talks are open to the public. For more information, contact Torsten Menge.
2013 - 2014 Schedule of Events
Friday, Nov. 15, 2013
Where: Philosophy Department Conference Room, NN 204
Professor of Philosophy and Senior Research Scholar, Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University
For more information about Dr. Powers click here.
- Professor Henry Richardson elected to lead HDCA
- Professor Nancy Sherman participates in Religion & Ethics Newsweekly's Discussion
- Professor Henninger's translation of Amerini's "Aquinas" Released
- Professor Nancy Sherman Receives 2013 Guggenheim Fellowship
- Georgetown Graduate Matthew Rellihan Receives Tenure at Seattle University
- Mar 21, All day: Graduate Admissions Open House
- Mar 28, 3pm-5pm: Lecture Series: Mary Domski
- Apr 25, All day: Symposium: Toward a Constructive Ethical Pragmatism