About the Center
The SFS Graduate Career Development Center serves students and alumni from six graduate programs of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, along with graduate students from four programs in the Government Department. Undergraduate Walsh School students are served by the Career Education Center.
The purpose of the SFS Graduate Career Development Center is to help you learn the skills you need to search for and find a job or internship. We offer:
- Career Development Skills Workshops designed to teach contemporary job search techniques.
One-on-one advising sessions to assess your career related skills, interests, and values.
- Campus presentations and events to help you connect with a range of international affairs organizations.
- A vibrant jobs and internships database -- Symplicity -- where you can search for opportunities and also post your resume and other documents so employers can potentially find you!
- A regularly published Career Bulletin to inform you of upcoming events, workshops, and discussions, plus a sampling of jobs and internships with fast-approaching deadlines.
In our office, students have access to computers, a fax machine, and a variety of books, handouts, and other resources to assist in career planning.
The SFS Graduate Career Development Center was made possible by a generous gift to the School of Foreign Service from Harry J. Smith, Jr. in honor of Anne Cavanaugh Smith.
- Jun 20, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Info Session
- Jun 21, 8am-4pm: Breaking through the Glass Ceiling
- Jun 25, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Alumni Career Services: The Coach Approach to Leadership
- Jun 25, 6pm: Next Steps: Beginning and Expanding Your Networks
- Jul 18, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Alumni Career Service: Parachuting Into Your Next Challenge
- Jul 31, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Info Session
- Aug 22, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment Info Session
- Aug 29, 5pm-8pm: Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT) Info Session
- Sep 6, 3pm-8pm: Deloitte 2nd Annual Day for Veterans
- Sep 12, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Info Session
- Sep 19, 5pm-8pm: Foreign Service Officer Test (FSOT) Info Session
- Sep 20, 10am-3pm: Fall Career Fair