Welcome to Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service Graduate Career Development Center. Are you contemplating a job search or career transition? Alumni of the School of Foreign Service graduate programs may use the following services in the SFS Graduate Career Development Center:
Find a Job
Looking for a job? The Center's Symplicity database is available for alumni of the SFS graduate programs. Symplicity lists jobs requiring various levels of experience. To access the Symplicity system, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, graduation year, and program. We will send you an email with a password to enter the system, post your profile, and post your resume so employers can search for you.
As an alum, you may schedule a one-on-one advising session with a career development professional to discuss your job search needs.
Alumni may subscribe to the Career Bulletin, the Center's newsletter. The Career Bulletin contains announcements and job information relevant to both current students and alumni. It is available either online or via email. Email us to subscribe, including your name, program, and graduation year.
Network with Other Alumni
The Center encourages alumni to maintain and expand their networking activities. For information about how to stay in touch with other Hoyas, visit the Georgetown Alumni Online website. Here, you can find out about upcoming alumni events, locate a contact through Georgetown University's Alumni Career Network, or join an alumni club in your area.
The Center provides a number of handouts designed to help you with your job or internship search. These include sample resumes, tips on interviewing and salary negotiation, and how to write an effective cover letter. Stop by the Center to take some handouts. Or, you can access them in the Documents Library in the Symplicity system.
- May 28, 12pm-1pm: Promoting Global Sustainability Across Cultures Webinar
- May 28, 10pm-12am: United Nations Virtual Career Fair
- May 29, 12am-8pm: United Nations Virtual Career Fair
- May 29, 2:30pm-3:30pm: Fulbright Webinar: Meet Some Alumni
- May 29, All day: Social Innovation Summit 2013 in NYC
- May 30, All day: Social Innovation Summit 2013 in NYC
- Jun 6, 6pm-9pm: Network after Work
- Jun 11, 9am-10:30am: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hiring Our Heroes
- Jun 13, 12:30pm-1:30pm: ACS Webinar: Living and Working in Faith, Hope and Love
- Jun 13, 6:30pm-8:30pm: 4th Annual Biotechnology Panel Discussion & Networking Event
- Jun 18, 12:30pm-1:30pm: ACS Webinar: The Final Part of Your Business Plan
- Jun 20, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Info Session
- Jun 21, 8am-4pm: Breaking through the Glass Ceiling
- Jun 25, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Alumni Career Services: The Coach Approach to Leadership
- Jul 18, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Alumni Career Service: Parachuting Into Your Next Challenge
- Jul 31, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Info Session
- Sep 6, 3pm-8pm: Deloitte 2nd Annual Day for Veterans
- Sep 20, 10am-3pm: Fall Career Fair