Welcome to the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service Graduate Career Development Center. The Center provides services to 750 students in the School's six graduate programs, along with graduate students from four Government department programs. Our graduates are leaders in international affairs, business and finance, government, security, and non-governmental organizations.
We provide a variety of services to employers interested in recruiting graduate students for internships and part- or full-time employment. Learn more about employer information sessions, on-campus interviewing, the Symplicity careers database, resume drops, and our reference library below.
Employer Information Sessions
The Center is happy to schedule an information session where you can promote your organization and present information on internship or career opportunities. These sessions may include a resume drop and can be followed up by on- or off-campus interviews.
Recruiters may reserve space for on-campus interviews by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in ample time prior to the selected interview date.
Job and internship openings are listed on Symplicity, the Center's electronic database, to which all current SFS students and graduate alumni have access. As an employer, you may register to search the database for relevant resumes. You may also post jobs and internships for students to see.
Employers who prefer to review the resumes of graduate SFS and Government students as a group may submit their requirements to the Career Development Center. Center staff will collect the resumes of applicants and forward them directly to the appropriate department of your organization.
The Center maintains a collection of organizational and company files. If you have pamphlets, brochures, DVDs, or other promotional materials you would like to make available to our students, please send them by surface mail to our postal address.
- May 20, All day: PLEN Women and International Policy Seminar
- May 21, 12pm-1pm: Georgetown Toastmasters Meeting
- May 21, All day: PLEN Women and International Policy Seminar
- May 22, All day: PLEN Women and International Policy Seminar
- May 23, 12:30pm-1:30pm: Battling Sexes – Gender Differences In Competition
- May 23, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Information Session
- May 23, All day: PLEN Women and International Policy Seminar
- May 24, All day: PLEN Women and International Policy Seminar
- May 29, 2:30pm-3:30pm: Fulbright Webinar: Meet Some Alumni
- May 29, All day: Social Innovation Summit 2013 in NYC
- May 30, All day: Social Innovation Summit 2013 in NYC
- Jun 6, 6pm-9pm: Network after Work
- Jun 11, 9am-10:30am: U.S. Chamber of Commerce Hiring Our Heroes
- Jun 13, 12:30pm-1:30pm: ACS Webinar: Living and Working in Faith, Hope and Love
- Jun 13, 6:30pm-8:30pm: 4th Annual Biotechnology Panel Discussion & Networking Event
- Jun 18, 12:30pm-1:30pm: ACS Webinar: The Final Part of Your Business Plan
- Jun 20, 5pm-7:30pm: Foreign Service Oral Assessment (FSOA) Info Session
- Jun 21, 8am-4pm: Breaking through the Glass Ceiling